"The early years provision is well led and managed. Staff systematically track how children improve their skills through play and modify activities according to children’s needs. The classrooms and outdoor learning areas are very well equipped, giving children access to a range of learning activities to develop their skills." - Ofsted June 2016
Welcome to the Nursery
Aims of the Early Years Foundation Stage
Our Foundation Stage pupils are an important and integral part of our school and we are committed to providing outstanding provision for all pupils.
With this in mind we aim to:
- create a caring class based on good relationships and mutual respect;
- provide a secure, stimulating and happy environment in which quality teaching and effective learning can flourish;
- ensure that the development and progress of each child is monitored and that any identified needs are met;
- offer a broad and balanced curriculum which is practical in nature and provides access to all the DFE Early Learning goals to be achieved within the Foundation Stage:
- dovetail these learning experiences into the requirements of the National Curriculum later in the school;
- encourage high standards of behaviour, good manners and integrity, by fostering self-esteem, self-motivation and self-discipline;
- nurture the spiritual, social and moral development of the children by encouraging active consideration of their own values, attitudes, beliefs and respect for the spiritual and moral values of others;
- ensure that equal opportunities are provided for all;
- place the highest demands on the children to achieve their potential by drawing out talent, ability and interest so that they can manage their lives now and in the future;
- provide an ideal introduction to the main school – through effective transition into Year 1.
Session Times and Arrangements
Currently, all 3 year old children are entitled to 15 hours of maintained Nursery provision.
- Morning session: 8.30-11.30am
- Yummy Club: 11.30-12.30am (charges apply, see below)
- Afternoon session: 12.30-3.30pm
Children are welcomed through the Nursery door at 8.30am. Parents are encouraged to come into the Nursery at the beginning of the session to help their child with their coats and bags and finally settling them into the classroom. Please leave as quickly as possible once your child is welcomed into the Nursery as problems may occur with lingering goodbyes. If you are concerned about an upset you are welcome to wait near the office until you feel reassured.
If your child is being collected by anyone other than the usual parent or carer please inform the staff in advance. We operate a password system in order to identify anyone unknown to us.
Please notify the school if your child is absent through illness or due to a medical appointment.
We are delighted to offer a daily one hour session between 11.30am-12.30pm including a hot lunch for £5.50.
This allows parents to join a morning and afternoon session together to allow for a nursery child to attend for a full day or to just extend a morning or afternoon session thus giving parents flexibility and something we have never been able to offer before.
Children will be cared for by Foundation Stage staff and will meet and mix with reception children during this hour.
Payment of £5.50 per day should be made weekly in advance using ParentPay. Should you wish to make use of this service, add sessions or change sessions please see a member of the Nursery staff.
For more information please download our Nursery Prospectus 2016-17.
Read and Share
You are welcome to join your child for 'Read and Share' session.
The first two sessions are on:
- Friday 3rd February - 11.00-11.30am
- Tuesday 7th February - 11.00-11.30am
If your child already attends one of these times please feel free to join us.
Further sessions will be communicated over the coming weeks.